Friday, November 4, 2016

Unsolved Mystery...


I am Devilish Angel. I am a detective. This experience happened few years back. It changed my life. That day I went to precint as usual. My partner Sherlock was late that day. Precinct was busy, they arrested a murderer and the procedures were going on fast as all the evidence points to that girl. Yes, the murderer was a pretty young girl. As I was walking towards my cabin I saw that girl. For few seconds my eyes locked with hers and at that moment I felt she was innocent. A detective's intuition. I went to meet my captain and asked whether I can talk to that girl for few minutes.

My captain looked at me with thoughtful eyes. He knew I wont stop till I know the truth. He gave me permission to enquire that girl and to visit the crime scene. The girl was shocked by the chain of events. She said when she went to the crime scene that victim was already shot and was dying. The revolver has that pretty girl's finger print. I didnt like to call Sherlock as he was always give importance to facts and laugh at the irrational things like intuition. The house was in the woods. I drove to that place slowly. I entered the house. I saw a floating white shadow in the hall. It was pointing its hand towards the bunch of dolls and disappeared. I automatically searching the dolls and found one video recording device. The whole incident was recorded in it. The victim was arranging everything to look like murder, took the revolver, shot herself wearing gloves. Then she throw the revolver and removed the gloves and inserted between books. The pretty girl entered the house, screamed and made a call to the police. The victim died with a smile in her face.

I submitted the evidence to my captain. Sherlock was waiting for me in my cabin. He was looking angry. He asked why I went there alone without calling him. I told him I was not sure whether that crime scene visit will be useful. He was looking upset. I took him for dinner and made him to eat lot of chocolate pudding(He usually make me to eat chocolate pudding when I was dull and explain how chocolates calms mind. I never believed that explanation. I thought he was finding reasons to eat it).  I woke up from my dream by the phone call from Sherlock, he was excited and was saying we got a new murder case to investigate. As we drove towards that place I saw the striking resemblance. The house looked same as I saw in my dream. I was stunned, but took control of my senses. When Sherlock was searching the house for evidence, I collected the recording device and gloves as evidence. Sherlock was bit upset by my fast approach in finding evidence and I took him to have chocolate pudding. After eating, Sherlock said I was a good partner to him. Till date I didnt understand why I saw the whole incident in my dream and why that girl killed herself and made it look like a murder.

4 comments:

Jeevan said...

Nice narrative and creative with the scenario... Keep it up

Destination Infinity said...

First intuition in a dream, then the dream comes true. Quite an unexpected story with full of surprises, that :)

Destination Infinity

rainfield61 said...

Haha, I love it.

Devilish Angel said...

@Jeevan : Thank you...

@Destination Infinity : When I read the completed story me too surprised by its twist...

@rainfield61 : Thank you...